Karen Bailey, CDBC, CBATI, ANWI
Karen is our Behaviour Consultant. She has a strong background in successfully rehabilitating dogs with behavioual issues. Over the past 17 years Karen has earned the following qualifications:
- Certified Dog Behaviour Consultant (CDBC) – International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants (IAABC). This is a highly respected certification that only three Australians have attained. The applicants own case work is assessed by a panel of the worlds best behaviour consultants. Karen’s own casework scored very highly.
- Certified Behaviour Adjustment Trainer (CBATI) – Grisha Stewart BAT training. Specialising in reactivity and fearful behaviour this qualification has been extremely beneficial in our work with special needs dogs. Changing the underlying emotional response of dogs to change the dogs behaviour in situations that have previously been difficult.
- Associated Nosework Instructor (ANWI) – National Association of Canine Scent Work™( NACSW™). Karen is currently an associated nosework instructor which means she has attained her first level of competency. She is hoping to attain the full qualification by mid 2018.
- Canine Behaviour Specialist – National Dog Trainers Federation (NDTF).
- Professional Dog Trainer – National Dog Trainers Federation (NDTF).
Karen is also a feline behaviour consultant.